Fabric Coatings & treatments
All our coatings and fabric treatments are waterbased and environmentally friendly.
The coating system and formula that we use is unique to Imaterial and is the only type of it's kind in Cape Town. Our coatings are not plastic, they are formulated with water-base which and are ozone friendly. Once the fabric has been treated it is heatcured with dry heat reaching temperatures of up to160 degrees.
We have a variety of fabric coating or padding options on offer depending on individual customer requirements.
- IMAGUARD : water repel for the protection of indoor & outdoor fabric
- IMACOAT : extra strength additive to improve washfastness
- IMASOFT : softening agent to improve handle, dry rub & pilling
- IMAHARD : stiffening of fabric
- IMAREACT : fixation for loss of colour in reactive overdye fabrics
- PRE-TREATMENT : preparation primer treatment for digital pigment printing process
- POST-TREATMENT : improves wet & dry fastness for pigment
- STENTER : stabilising & heat fixing of waterbase pigment ink to fabric fiber
- DE-FLUFFING: removal of loose fluff from fabric prior to print
- PRE-SHRINK : wet and or dry process for shrinkuing of fabric
Please see the Coating Pricelist here